ADAM TAN PHOTOGRAPHY ACADEMY
Adam Tan – Fine Art Photographer, Malaysian.
“The winner of one of the most prestigious photography awards from National Geographic Magazine, conferred First Place in “Places” category in its 2013 International Contest, almost the highest honour.” So shall this be the most direct introduction to Adam Tan.
Besides the high honour this remarkable work brought, Adam’s other honours includes: –
- Spot Light Award, Black &White Magazine, USA, 2014
- Excellence Award, Black & White Magazine, USA, (for 3 consecutive years, 2012 -2014)
- Second Place, Grand Prix la Decouverte, France, 2013
- “Long Road Home” was accepted into the prestigious collection of the National Library of France
- First Place, Neutral Density Award, UK, 2014
- Second Place, Spider Awards, USA, 2014
- Commended, Creative Travel Monochromal, Travel Photo of the Year, 2015, United Kingdom.
- Gold Selection, North Valley Art League, International Juried Photography Show, USA, 2015,
- Top 20 Professional Photographers of the Year, UK, 2014.
- Hasselblad Masters Top 10 Finalist, 2016
- 2nd Place, Stark Awards, 2015.
- Appointed as Leica SL Brand Ambassador for Malaysia on September, 2017.
Adam’s works cover a wide range of themes and categories. Besides street photography, he is equally adept in other areas. His winning entry, “The Visitor”, Black& White Magazine’s Spotlight Award, showcases his superlative skill in photographic abstract art. Perhaps to better express it, it is his ability to discern the special, the significance out of the ordinary with his unique sight and capture it through his masterful skill and narrative.
Adam establishes photography classes, workshop and sharing fellowship and leads travel trips with the single-minded devotion to teach this art to his others. He shares his philosophy openly and his techniques unreservedly. He compressed his perception and interpretation, his invention and creative skill into a series of courses to allow quick comprehension of theory and easy mastery of techniques to those who learn from him.
When asked about his love of photography, he said, “The art of photography has to be arise from the heart and touched the feeling and emotion, it arouses senses and recognises beauty. We must come to grip that we are artists, with high passion for art, a love in creating and a zeal to elevate our artistic level with inventive ideas and vivid imagination”.
Adam believes that all human has an inner drive or a secret wish to be good in any form of art. And photography is probably the closest to art for most of us to engage in this age and time. Through photography we could reclaim the artist in us.
The mission of Adam Tan Academy is to educate and influence the development of fine art photography. Adam uses photography as a form of visual art to express his aesthetic view, and a platform to reach out to anyone who shares the same love for this art form.
Adam Tan Photography Academy Sdn Bhd
D-01-02, First floor, Block D, Sky Park @ One City, Jalan USJ 25/1, 47650 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Tel: +603 – 5033 0095 , +6012 – 444 7784
Whatsapp: +6012 – 302 6003, +6012 – 444 7784