BASIC PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
BY ADAM TAN PHOTOGRAPHY ACADEMY
4 in-house lessons + 4 practical lessons.
We do not only teach you how to use a camera… will guide you in the followings:
The clue of making good pictures:
- What are the elements that constitute a good picture?
Most of the people often have no clue in this, that’s one of the reasons we don’t get good pictures.
Adam will guide you about what are the elements that constitute a good picture & train you to develop the awareness during the practical sessions.
The training of seeing eyes in a step-by-step basis.
We will train you in both aspects, the technical part & art part of photography in a step by step basis to enable you eventually develop the seeing eyes in photography as well as possess good photography technique to achieve specific shots and high-quality works.
The well-designed practical sessions:
- Our 4 practical sessions are relevantly designed to enable students knowing the art of photography thoroughly with step by step tutorial, from the training of seeing eyes to understand how to deal with the lighting/ambient, able to make good composition in various ways, eventually knowing how to impart stories to the picture which are imaginative & creative.
- The practical sessions also will gradually guide you to deal with the technical aspects of camera such as how to deal with hand-shake, pictures too bright or too dark, the depth of field & shutter speed, what are the right lenses to use for the right subjects & etc.
The Analytic critiques on students’ works.
To receive constructive feedback from a good teacher is essential cause he could explain to you thoroughly & rationally how good or how bad your shots are, and how to improve on them in a detailed and analytical way.
What you will learn:
Step by Step tutorial: Basic understanding & how to use DSLR cameras, or any camera.
- Understand the Exposure Triangle - Aperture, Shutter Speed & ISO.
- How to use a camera: What's focusing, metering, white balance, exposure compensation & all the basic needs of using a camera.
- Which mode to use? When? How?
- The Lenses ~ Why & when do we need different type of lenses.
- Understand what camera sees differ from what our eyes see ~ The exposure value.
Few powerful ways of composition.
What are the elements that make a shot aesthetically pleasing & tell story?
How to shoot in low light.
How to develop & cultivate the seeing eyes.